12m of Christmas themed bunting will don my place of work as of tomorrow and I will ensure that the money earned will be well spent when I go to Paris next month.
Usually I use my pinking shears when making bunting for myself, and as I always just hang it on the wall or across a mirror, I leave it single sided. However, for this I realised that I should do it double sided in case the folks at work wanted to use it more creatively. Lots of work! Lots of hunching over a sewing machine, lots of huffing and puffing when I realised I hadn't sewn it properly and have left a little hole in one of the sides! I'm really pleased though and at least I got to bond with my little red sewing machine, who had been rather neglected these past couple of months.
I even had a few bits left to make a couple of metres for my living room. I love it! I can't wait to get a Christmas tree, decorate it with handmade decorations, acorns and ribbon... I even plan to make 'mini-bunting' to use instead of tinsel.

0 comments:
Post a Comment