Pages

Saturday, 18 February 2012

And then there was a blog...

Oh, hi there! So I guess I’m starting a blog.  I decided to call it ‘Capturing My Castle’ which is a little nod to one of my favourite books of all time, I Capture The Castle. For those unfamiliar it is completely charming and is about the life and adventures of the Mortmains, a family living in a semi-derelict castle in the English countryside in the 1930’s. Cassandra Mortmain tells her tale through her diary, she...captures the castle. Get it, eh?


Where to begin? The big thing this week was Valentine’s Day.  Now I’ve recently been thrust into the realm of singleness so anticipated greeting Tuesday 14th with a hefty slice of bitterness and a few tears, but as it turns out it was emotionally void. I found myself sneaking out of work at 5pm on the dot so that I could catch the start of a Valentines ballroom that was happening in the lane outside of the cinema that I work in. It was rather sweet with balloons and couples dancing beneath shaped lights*. There was an abundance of heart shaped bunting, each with a soppy song title on. I couldn't resist having a peek and choosing what my song would be...

*Little fact... I discovered these are actually called gobo’s, but heck lets just stop being so serious. They are heart shaped stencils.



After picking my song I tottered off home to have a bath, a glass of Sprite and to watch documentaries. 'The Real Saving Private Ryan' and something about  Elvis and his first love incase you were interested. Bliss.


And to my surprise I was not forgotten! Sitting on my desk the next day there was a box of chocolates with a little note on . I know who the ‘perp’ was (Mrs Simpson I’m looking at you), but it was still very sweet and I gorged on them when I got home that night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment