Pages

Monday, 22 October 2012

Jam Jar Tealight Holders


I put a call out to my friends and colleagues months ago, asking for their old jam jars. I had the intention of making my own jam, but I never got around to doing it and I think the ship may have sailed now. Still, the jars were gathering dust in my kitchen so I thought that I'd turn them into candle holders. I bought some acrylic paint and masking tape and set myself away. Little tip, the cheaper the acrylic paint the better! I bought the green and burnt orange for 95p each from Wilkinsons, but I had my heart set on mustard to finish off the set. I bought this for £4 from WH Smith and I found it really difficult to paint onto the glass.




You can probably see I have avocado and Marmite in the background. I've seen a lot of foodie websites raving about Marmite and mashed avocado on toast so I gave it a try. I can confirm that it is absolutely delicious. I'm not really a fan of Marmite on it's own, but the creamy avocado really compliments it. Lushy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment