Pages

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Frolics in the snow and my new sassy coat...

It has been snow, snow....SNOW in Newcastle for the last few days. Luckily it hasn't really affected me too much, apart from a few pairs of soggy socks and frizzy 'weather' hair. 

I spent Sunday afternoon in my back garden making a snowfriend (I accidently typed this instead of snowman...I think I've lost the plot!) with Michael. When we were done we went to Heaton Perk (which is a really sweet little cafe about 5 minutes from my flat) for tea, cake and warmth. It was really lovely to do something that was really fun and that didn't cost a fortune.

 
 I wore a new coat that I bought from Urban Outfitters. It was a whimsical purchase when I saw that it was in my size and reduced from £185 to £40. I'm currently doing a post on my New Years resolutions/aims for 2013 so you will soon find out how BAD of me this was.Although... I have been looking for a smart coat yet practical coat for a long while. Most of the ones I found were way out of my budget and would never leave the Elephant Graveyard that is my ASOS 'saved' list! 

 Sometimes it's worth taking a little risk. It's not like I couldnt return it? I did leave the tags on for several days whilst I pondered whether or not to keep it. It was quite the ceremony when I finally decided to cut the tag off and snap the stitching that fastened the pockets together. I do love it a lot. I feel like a proper smart little 'lady' when wearing it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment