- A man dressed in a suit and bowler hat who was juggling to entertain cars as they waited at the red light in Bastille.
- Seeing Les Enfants Du Paradis (apparently the French Gone With The Wind) entirely in French in a tiny independent cinema. Everyone stood up and clapped at the end and I sat next to a little old lady who had smuggled biscuits into the cinema in her bag.
- Hot chocolate and the view of Paris from Sacre Coeur
- The no-nonsense attitude of the Parisians
- The Dali exhibition in Montmartre
- The street art in Montmartre
- Just Montmartre in general!
I stayed in a hostel for the first time and although I found it hard to sleep on the first night I ended up really enjoying talking to people from allover the world. Although, I did get a bit sad every time one of my roomies moved on. I think there is a part of me that has a real issue with 'change'. I think this will be something I work on in the future...I need to stop getting so attached to people, places and things and be more daring. Now enough chatter and more lovely pictures...
| Stocking fillers. I love the combination of plain brown parcel paper and bright ribbons. So cute! |
| Red wine spritzer on Christmas Eve |
| Paris street art |
| The best blueberry pie EVER. |
| Inside Musee d'Orsay |
| Carousel under the Eiffel Tower. I had a hot wine and talked in (very bad) French with a little old man who was taking an afternoon stoll. He couldn't believe I was in Paris alone...and unmarried! |
| Flea market treasures. An antique pierrot clown doll and a brooch. |
| Sitting on a bench watching the world go by in Montmartre |
| Inside Les Deux Moulins. |
| Cracking Creme Brulee...probably the most touristy thing I did. |
| Outside. This was my last night in Paris. So sad that I'm not there :( |
| Sweet treats |
| Christmas day at my Mams house. I've had this stocking for as along as I can remember. |
| Giant Babybel! |

0 comments:
Post a Comment