Pages

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Chocolate Coated Gummy Bears

My boyfriend recently told me  how he always used to eat chocolate coated gummy bears on his childhood holidays, but that he hadn't found anywhere in England that sold them. I thought I'd be a sweetie (ahohoho get it?) and surprise him.

I bought the clear wrapping from a florist and some Dairy Milk chocolate and Gummy bears. The whole thing cost less than £2.50.


I boiled a pan of water and put a bowl on the top of it, along with the whole bar of chocolate. I sterilised some tweezers and dipped each bear in one by one. Tedious, but it means that the bears didn't get smothered in chocolate and it looked a lot tidier overall.


I cut the wrapping into a long rectangle shape and glued the sides (worry not...I made sure it was fully dry before putting the sweets in...wouldn't want to poison anyone!). I'm particularly pleased with the label, which was a free template from Ink Tree Press. I love the blackboard/chalk look and I'll definately be using this for something crafty again soon!

And the best part...eating the left over melted chocolate whilst watching Dexter Season 1 in bed. Bliss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment