I had a very busy Saturday filled with lovely wholesome fun.
Last night I went to see Lawless with my brother, it was fantastic and I highly recommend seeing it...and not just for the 'totty' (Tom Hardy). I then went to meet a couple of work buddies in the Lady Grey, which is quickly turning into a post-work haunt. It could have easily got messy, but I decided to get the last bus home so that I could get up early and seize Saturday by it's glorious little chops.
And get up early I most certainly did, I had a cup of tea and watched an episode of Jonathan Creek in bed. Then I went along to boot camp, today involved dragging a gigantic tractor tyre around in teams of 4. I guess I have to work up a sweat if I'm going to continue to devour Kitkat chunky's. My appetite for them is insatiable.
This was my outfit of choice for today. I'm a little (very) obsessed with Anna Karina at the moment. She has succeeded Michelle Williams as my lady crush and Alexa Chung as my style icon. Feeling inspired, I decided to go back to thick, winged black eyeliner and even stuck a couple of rollers in my hair to try and get that French tousled look. I think I need a little more practice though! I've always been kind of bad with styling my hair...
I knew I would be out and about so I opted for a roomy bow back striped blouse from Topshop and black American Apparel high waisted jeans. American Apparel trousers are always far too long for me so I cut a few inches of material off and roll them up to mid-calf length. For shoes I just went for a pair of black Topshop ballet pumps.
Anna Karina hair.
I spent the afternoon with two of my very greatest friends, Will and Gemma. We went to the local sweet shop and stocked up on 50p mix ups and headed to Heaton Park. We walked around, visited the shoe tree (basically a collection of trees that people have thrown shoes into) and went to Pets Corner to look at the goats, pigs and an array of birds ranging from budgies to parrots. Very strange, but delightful non the less. Then we sat on the grass and had ice cream...where we took this snap:
Good friends really are the only cure for the blues. Thank you for a wonderful day you adorable little critters!



0 comments:
Post a Comment