Pages

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Whoops...

...I haven't updated in a really long time. I've been using the past few weeks to catch up with friends who I felt that I'd neglected a little recently. I caught up with Gemma and we went to the Quayside market and some of the pubs around and about. The Crown Posada was the first was the most beautiful pub I'd ever seen (pics below) as well as being the oldest pub in Newcastle.We then went to the Bridge Hotel and snacked on wasabi nuts, crisps and salt and vinegar peanuts (which were amazing) before head  to Tilleys for fruity cider.

I also spent this weekend just gone in Leeds. I saw that Haim were playing Constellations Festival about a month ago and bought a ticket immediately. I caught the Megabus down there and wandered around the Christmas markets and Leeds Art Gallery before heading up the the Brudenell Social Club for the bands starting at 3pm. I couldn't  believe how lovely this little social club, which was tucked away in a bit of a rough student area was...and gin and tonic was only £2.15! Anyway, Haim were amazing and after 10 gins I found myself, strangely, still completely sober. I hardly slept the night before and had an early start, which I'm guessing is the reason for that. Plus, I had 'the fear' about being refused entry on the Megabus if I was all squiffy eyed and smelt of boozing.

Here are some pictures of my activities of late...(Sorry if this is a bit picture heavy).


Vampire Bunny, one of the oddities of Newcastle
The Crown Posada
And again...
And again!


Lovely view that I'd never seen, even though I've lived here for 7 years!

Me and my baby brother. I bought the houndstooth shorts from Topshop and the first time I wore them (this night) they ripped. Very sad as I loved them a lot!

A surprise on my bathroom floor after my Halloween night out plans fell through.
Inside Leeds indoor markets.

A cup of coffee and a book to try and perk me up after a long bus journey.

Christmas Markets

Incredible.

This Carousel was whizzing around so quickly. It reminded me of Catcher in the Rye. I really wanted to have a go on it, but I think an adult on their own would have looked creepy. The only downside to not having a travel buddy!

'Splitting' a sundae


Halloween night at Centre for Life

Free popcorn!

Make up done by a theatrical make up artist, and all for free!

Would have been slightly creepier if I wasn't endorsing Topshop.com with my bag!

A stroll along the Quayside followed by a cup of tea in the bike cafe. I long for Summer again so I can zoom along the riverside and stop here to refuel on cake!

1 comments: