Pages

Saturday, 28 July 2012

A Very Foodie Couple of Weeks

It's seems like all I've done the last few weeks is eat, attend events about eating or think about eating. It's all getting a bit too much and I don't think the top button on my jeans has much give left on it. Oops.

It all started with a surprise Sunday meal at Cafe 21, which is right down on Newcastle Quayside. It took us a little while to find it, but oh my was it worth it! I had souffle and I have honestly never eaten something so fresh and perfectly cooked. It was beautiful! Michael opted for Sunday lunch, which he said was the best he had ever had. We're going back there next weekend and I'm seriously considering fasting for a few days before so I can gorge myself and opt for 3 courses.


We then attended Cake Book Britain, which is part of EAT! Festival. Unfortunately it was moved from Saltwell Park to inside of a stadium due to flooding, which was a real shame. I was looking forward to taking a picnic. There wasn't as much food on offer as I anticipated, but I enjoyed some rhubard and vanilla juice and gooseberry and elderflower lemonade. We watched the cake map being assembled and the winner was Shakespeares Globe Theatre.


 Last Sunday involved another foodie event. I went to tyhe Ouseburn Festival Feast, which was held in the courtyard of a very fine looking hotel. I came away with a chilli and chocolate macaroon and a feta, pea and mint savoury muffin...which was absolutely AMAZING. Michael spotted Sol Campbell, who apparently used to play football for 'his' team, Newcastle United.



 And finally, sometimes it's just nice so slob around in your scruffiest clothes and gossip with a friend isn't it? My friend Gemma came over and we ordered takeaway and watched The Devil Wears Prada. My fortune cookie made me chuckle, it says 'Your winsome smile will be your sure protection'...heres hoping!




0 comments:

Post a Comment