Pages

Monday, 30 July 2012

It's marvellous to be a girl...

I've had a rough couple of days...pretty horrendous to be honest. One of those weekends that makes you curse the gods for making you a woman. Cramps, nausea, mood swings, calorie counting and  frizzy unmanageable hair. The loud dance music next door and heat only exacerbate things and you just want to curl up into a ball and hibernate. Well and truly in a fettle.

Luckily Karma did me a solid. I came out of this terrible funk today and so far have had a day that has just made me love being a girl. I walked into work with my headphones on and an umbrella. I didn't even mind the drizzle, it was just nice to taste the lovely fresh air. I had the office to myself today as my boss was on holiday. I stuck my headphones in and listened to Francoise Hardy and imagined I was sitting typing up minutes somewhere more exotic.

I snuck out on my lunch break and headed to a charity shop, not really looking for anything in particular. I was lucky enough to snap up a beautiful striped body con dress with long sleeves and a black and white gingham summer dress for less than £8 for the pair. By this point the pity party was well and truly ushered out of the door.

New dress. I quite like how the squiggly light hides my 8am face. Bonus.


I got home and decided to have a vegetarian bacon sandwich for tea. Why the devil not! I then found myself ironing and having a sing-song followed by washing my whites in the bath with Jermaine Stewart on repeat whilst waiting for some biscuits I was baking in the oven to cook.

Now I'm going to sit in bed and read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I ordered this on the Internet a few weeks ago and it got lost in the post. This only increased the severity of my desire to read it. Anyway it arrived on Friday and I  can't put it down. So I'm going to make a cup of chamomile and lavender tea and crack on. So yeah, sometimes it's pretty bad being a girl, but days like today make up for it. I'll never scoff at 'the simple things'  again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment