Pages

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

A Poorly Little Heart

I've had a really busy week. The hours at work have been long and brutal and my personal stuff has taken a turn for the worst. Me and Michael's relationship came to an end. It wasn't mutual and  my feelings are battered and bruised. I'm not going to go into the detail of it, but suffice to say I have no ill feeling toward him and I still think he is the most wonderful human being I've ever met.

I've scoured the Internet in search of tips and advice on how to cope through what is inevitably going to be a difficult time. I think its so, so important not to ignore your feelings. If you need to sob into a pillow or get angry, you should. But, saying that, I don't want to mope around feeling sorry for myself all the time. I came across a very sweet little blog post that talked about being heartbroken, it said that your heart is never broken, it is just sad. And its not forever. I've been writing a lot more in my journal and have tried to make notes of things that, even on these very dark and gloomy days, make me feel happy. It can be simple things like eating Thornton's chocolate mice in bed, using some lovely coloured paper at work, drinks with friends and playing table football, having a long bath or fresh bed sheets. It really has helped to appreciate the little things.

Today I thought I'd treat myself to a nice salad for lunch. I sauntered around a couple of shops near to work and stocked up on chocolate and even bought a couple of pieces of new make up. A brown eyeliner and some peach coloured blush. I'm a slave to black liquid eyeliner and use lashings of it daily, but I have quite big blue eyes so I think the brown might compliment my eyes as well as  looking a little bit more 'day-time'. I've never tried Boots No.7 range before, but it was half price. I'll report back later!




My culinary lavender also arrived today. Incredible cakes ahoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment