Pages

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Affinity For My Hometown

I decided to take a little break from the hustle and bustle of the city and go home for a weekend.
It was lovely to escape and spend some time with my brothers, sister and of course my beautiful pup, Clover. I moved to Newcastle 8 years ago and rarely get the chance to go home unless it is for a birthday or at Christmas.

On Friday night I  played pool and had a few drinks with my brother and sister. I even converted her to gin! After a couple too many I marched up to the DJ box and asked him if he could put on September by Earth, Wind and Fire and his entire collection of Fleetwood Mac. Luckily the dance floor was empty and I was tipsy enough to storm onto it and start cutting shapes out of every surface.

Saturday was spent lounging around at home. I watched a bit of football (yak) with my brother and snoozed on the couch. I ordered Chinese from my favourite takeaway in the whole world and spent the rest of the evening watching TV with the family. Lovely.

Sunday was a little more active. We went to a car boot sale and I struck gold! I had so much more success than I have had when rummaging in Newcastle as of late.

I got:

 A lovely pair of brown zip up ankle boots. The heel is very slight so it should not present any major problems with walking.

A new purse. I have to accept my tattered American Apparel purse has seen better days. I don't know why I get so attached to my purses. It was tiny and totally unsuitable, but I just couldn't bear to get rid, even when holes started appearing.

 Finally I got a dress. I said previously that I'm not really into 'busy' clothes, especially a flouncy, long sleeved, patterned affair. For £1 I could see potential with this one though. I'm quiet happy with my arms so I'm going to attempt to remove the sleeves. If it still looks naff on me, I'm just going to remove the crocheted peter pan collar and use it to spice up a plain dress or top.

My sister was also wonderful enough to donate these boots to me. I had spotted them in her wardrobe months ago and 'oooh and ahhhed' over them. Thank you Jessamy you magnificent little creature!


Last, but certainly not least I made a volcano with my little bother. I bought this for his birthday in June, but couldn't hang around to make it on the day. I'm such a bad sister...I left the poor little fella hangin' for 2 months. I think he had fun making it. I'm hoping he is going to grow up to be a little geek! Maybe a crystal growing kit for his next birthday?!



0 comments:

Post a Comment