Pages

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Boot Camp

Well! I made the bold decision to join a boot camp. I've sort of struggled with my weight, mostly in my head, since I was around 13. I'm currently at the smallest I've been in a long time, but the self confidence is still very much lacking. It's time to take the bulge by the horns (I.am.hilarious) and make myself happy.

Since the break up I have a lot of free time on my hands  and attempting to obtain a 'hot bikini bod' seems like a pretty good way of passing the time rather than drinking it away! I started today with a free trial session in Exhibition Park in Newcastle. I have to admit I felt a bit silly teetering up to all of the legging-clad 'sporty girls' wearing shorts, ankle socks and plymsols.

At one point I thought I was going to vomit up my lungs and I discovered that I have gone my entire life without knowing how to do a squat properly,  but now that I'm home and showered I feel incredible. I don't feel my usual sluggish, tired self and I'm not yearning for bed time. In short, I'm signing up!

I'm going to aim to go 4 days a week for at least a month. I know that sounds like a lot, and it probably isn't achievable, or it is and I'll end up like some sort of buff Olympian god. If that's the case I will turn to crime fighting and become a heart-break vigilante. Lurking the streets and beating up boys who break girls hearts! I think that would make a wonderful  Scott Pilgrim-esque graphic novel. Has anyone done that yet?

Such a mucky pup

0 comments:

Post a Comment