Just a young lady recording all of the things that she finds particularly delightful...
Saturday, 11 August 2012
Lovely Locks
I can't believe I didn't know about Love Locks until today. It is just the sort of adorable nonsense that I thrive off. There are a list of reasons that I pine for a trip to Paris, but gosh, this is wonderful. The idea is that you and your beloved inscribe a message onto the lock and then affix it to one of two bridges; the Pont des Arts or the Pont de l’Archveche.
I love the idea of leaving your heart somewhere. I've always been sentimental. As a child whenever I visited a new place I pulled out a few strands of hair, and left them there so that a part of me would always be in that place. This emotional indulgence stayed with me into my adult life. A few years ago me and an old boyfriend were on a ferry to France and decided to write notes declaring our undying love. We put them inside a bottle and headed out onto the deck and threw it into the sea. The relationship didn't last, but I think it's beautiful that we immortalised our feelings and that they are now sat at the bottom of the English Channel. Who knows...years from now the bottle could be discovered and the finder will wonder who we were and what happened to us.
I can't help but wonder though, what do people do with the keys? Do they throw them into the Seine as a further declaration of 'foreverness'? I think that I would turn mine into a necklace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment